for all you modern nuts

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Dec 18 11 6:03 PM

Tags : :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELPFnTCm ... =fvwp&NR=1

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Dec 18 11 6:33 PM

Re: for all you modern nuts

Thanks Colonel, very stirring but I'm not impressed by Russian hardware... The T72/T90/Black Eagle or whatever they are calling it now I've always found very cool - a real homage to Patton's aphroism 'a tank's best weapon is its engine', but I really wouldn't like to go to war in one with a plastic magazine as the floor of the fighting compartment...And their APC's are even more lethal to their occupants...

The AT missile system they rather unsubltly portray taking out the Abrams is a copy of the 1980's Copperhead system so the counter ECM is pretty common by now.

As for their naval hardware - complete paper tiger rubbish - all a con trick, with hindsight I'm amazed we took it seriously for so long....

Kind Regards,

Sparker

'By the Grace of God and the kindness of Her Majesty, Lieutenant Royal Navy (Ret'd)'
"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"
"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them"

Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent, sailing into the Battle of Cape St Vincent, discovering that his fleet was outnumbered 2 to 1...

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Dec 18 11 7:02 PM

sparker wrote:
Thanks Colonel, very stirring but I'm not impressed by Russian hardware... The T72/T90/Black Eagle or whatever they are calling it now I've always found very cool - a real homage to Patton's aphroism 'a tank's best weapon is its engine', but I really wouldn't like to go to war in one with a plastic magazine as the floor of the fighting compartment...And their APC's are even more lethal to their occupants...

The AT missile system they rather unsubltly portray taking out the Abrams is a copy of the 1980's Copperhead system so the counter ECM is pretty common by now.

As for their naval hardware - complete paper tiger rubbish - all a con trick, with hindsight I'm amazed we took it seriously for so long....

I rather liked the soundtrack. moderns actually bore me ..though I am warming to the 56-75 sort of thing..bough Cold War commander..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Dec 19 11 6:45 AM

Yes I do like a T55 - it has an appealingly childlike tank like look - maybe its the upside down wok turret thing....and Centurions formed the back ground to my early childhood, so I am looking forward to GWZ's project bearing fruit.....

Kind Regards,

Sparker

'By the Grace of God and the kindness of Her Majesty, Lieutenant Royal Navy (Ret'd)'
"There are eight sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty five sail of the line, Sir John"
"Very well, sir"
"There are twenty seven sail of the line, Sir John"
"Enough, sir, no more of that; the die is cast, and if there are fifty sail I will go through them"

Admiral Sir John Jervis, 1st Earl St Vincent, sailing into the Battle of Cape St Vincent, discovering that his fleet was outnumbered 2 to 1...

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Dec 19 11 6:49 AM

sparker wrote:
Yes I do like a T55 - it has an appealingly childlike tank like look - maybe its the upside down wok turret thing....and Centurions formed the back ground to my early childhood, so I am looking forward to GWZ's project bearing fruit.....

GWZ's project bearing fruit.... a long wait at the bus top for that bus to arrive..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help