Remove this ad

The Eagle movie

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 2 12 8:08 PM

Tags : :

Been watching this today - the movie from 2010. Anyone else seen it? I can't but think it was a chance lost. I certainly don't think it was as good as the book or, in fact the 1977 BBC series which, unfortunately, doesn't appear to be available anywhere.

Here is a link with some footage from the 1977 series for those interested...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-odksQ73I8
It has motivated me to get my 15mm minifig strip Romans done though
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Jan 3 12 9:05 AM

Re: The Eagle movie

I tired to watch it yesterday...awful trash..I said it all on facebook..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 3 12 4:21 PM

Re: The Eagle movie

bluewillow wrote:
the eagle starts out well and falls down as fast as a legionary with money in his pocket at the lupanarium

faster I would say...must find my copy of the book and read it agin...and did I mention The Day of the Triffids. oMG..It will take a week to get over that piece of filmic trash...what the frelling hell was it all about? What on earth was the African mask about???????????????? I missed that in the seven times I have read the book... and Eddie Izzard...most of the film was miscast but he was so miscast he could have done better wearing some of his crossdressing stuff...and Vanessa Redgrave...what was that bit all about???? please explain

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help