Remove this ad

Monsieur Villars Marshall of France

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 9 12 1:48 PM

Tags : :

I'm happy with this although the camera has an issue with this figure. I took me ages to paint as I was continuously getting sidetracked on painting commissions and other flights of fancy, every time I got around to coming back to it I had to re think about what to do next, me goodest finker not . The upshot was I spent considerably more time staring at it than actually using the brush.

I've decided to put it up on ebay if your interested see here.

[

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 9 12 3:03 PM

Re: Monsieur Villars Marshall of France

Bravo, nicely done...

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 9 12 6:03 PM

Hi,

Very, very nice!

Regards

Stephen

Regards

Stephen

'Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.'
'Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana'
Groucho Marx

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#5 [url]

Jan 11 12 4:32 PM

yes very nice indeed......the same standard as your other French Marshall, Turenne was it ?? With the blue/green coat ? maybe you could post him up as well ?

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 11 12 5:29 PM

wasn't that Tallard?

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 13 12 12:48 AM

Tarty wrote:
yes very nice indeed......the same standard as your other French Marshall, Turenne was it ?? With the blue/green coat ? maybe you could post him up as well ?

A request, well I never. Yep Cardinal, Tallard he was for all intents and purposes. He is sold and will be winging his way to NZ, lordy lordy who knows what will happen to him there, went cheap too but that is eBay for you one day up one day down.

cant find the based and dullcoated photo's.......

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 13 12 8:16 AM

Isn't eBay a lot of crap...another round of total duds for me..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 13 12 8:17 AM

and post up more...If you want I will give you your own room for you Imagination army

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 13 12 9:51 AM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
Isn't eBay a lot of crap...another round of total duds for me..

It is as it does Cardinal, I dont like giving away something which 'I think' can just about rival some of the big name painters and has had some noteworthy plaudits. Unfortunately it doesn't have a 'name' attached to it so tends to get passed over, Im taking the view that this is the cost I pay to advertise, of course I would charge more to paint the figure to this standard than it sold for ($20-ish).

I dont dwell on it, well not as much as what may happen when it reaches the land of the long low moan oh my what manner of woolly depravities?

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Tarty

#12 [url]

Jan 13 12 9:58 AM

Tallard.....right you are, yes you did a nice job on him as well.

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 13 12 10:46 AM

The Chronicler wrote:
Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
and post up more...If you want I will give you your own room for you Imagination army

Done deal sir

ok PM me or give me a link so I can get the spelling right..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 13 12 1:32 PM

ah, 20 ish is a very cruel price indeed...miserable..and yes noww I can see it...room coming up..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 14 12 12:35 PM

Thank you sir.

Yes $20.50, miserable indeed, if I was home I would have bought it myself. Not that I blame the buyer, he's bidding in good faith Im annoyed at those that wont credit a ,what I big headedly consider, a well painted figure unless it has a 'big' name SD forum (yes I'm a member) painter attached to it or similar mini artist.

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#17 [url]

Jan 14 12 2:38 PM

The Chronicler wrote:
Thank you sir.

Yes $20.50, miserable indeed, if I was home I would have bought it myself. Not that I blame the buyer, he's bidding in good faith Im annoyed at those that wont credit a ,what I big headedly consider, a well painted figure unless it has a 'big' name SD forum (yes I'm a member) painter attached to it or similar mini artist.

shissh ! that is cruel, very shabby treatment indeed. I would have thought double that, easy. What's the "SD" forum ?

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 14 12 2:58 PM

steve Dean forum, ebay is totally crap at the moment. nobody wants stuff even at near unpainted price...ca.t move anythung at the moment in the last 42 lots I have listed I have sold exactly 3...

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 14 12 3:56 PM

WHAT! 3 out of 42! I was hesitant about putting anything up over the CRIMBO period, from that strike rate it looks more and more like it was probably a bad idea...............

@Tarty -for that quality, as a commission, I wouldn't consider for doing it for less than double. took me a long time to learn painting by filters and transperancy and I thought the non metallic lace and trim sold it (it's going to a good home I hope). In the end I would have been better of giving it a table top splash and got the same amount.

@blackwolf -SD forum is great for advice etc. I learn a lot from what those guys produce and have to say it is an excellent forum for painters. Do you post under the same call sign over there?

Anyway enough said (maybe I am being big headed) , eBay just isn't performing for some of us at the moment and that is all there is to it.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help