Remove this ad

a projected group build/comp room?

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 14 12 10:40 PM

Tags : :

Perhaps we could utilize this lovely open space by posting one of our completed painting projects or a technique or something hobby related that we 'know' and we know we know it and share it about. For instance I have an idea that Tarty knows a fair bit about varnishes and the like and I would like to know more about them and the way they behave. Blackwolf can 'paint' a bit, I mean really paint! so maybe he has a good tip or technique to consider. Anything that relates to our hobby, every one can then add their ideas afterwards to each spiel, thoughts anyone? I might just be pissing in the wind and getting a face full of rain, dunno............
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 15 12 12:09 AM

Re: Everybody knows something

The Chronicler wrote:
Perhaps we could utilize this lovely open space by posting one of our completed painting projects or a technique or something hobby related that we 'know' and we know we know it and share it about. For instance I have an idea that Tarty knows a fair bit about varnishes and the like and I would like to know more about them and the way they behave. Blackwolf can 'paint' a bit, I mean really paint! so maybe he has a good tip or technique to consider. Anything that relates to our hobby, every one can then add their ideas afterwards to each spiel, thoughts anyone? I might just be pissing in the wind and getting a face full of rain, dunno............

it isn't actually an empty space...for some unfathomable reason today it decided that most of us can now not see the rooms here...sometimes this forum thing just gives me the total shits..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Jan 15 12 9:21 AM

akula_au wrote:
That's because it's crap

whats crap? these forummer people..?

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#5 [url]

Jan 15 12 10:32 AM

akula_au wrote:
Yes, they run the worst forum's I have ever been on.

another thing he's had on his plate to deal with......

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#6 [url]

Jan 15 12 10:39 AM

The Chronicler wrote:

yep nice idea TC

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 15 12 11:18 AM

I would like to see a bit of a painting project thing going on, enough fine painters and modellers here now...and I can work out how to award medals for projects.., it is all in the signature thingy..shall make a room for it?..some ideas for names etc?

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 15 12 11:42 AM

a projected group build/comp room?

to be located down in the artificers shed... a place for some of those fun events such as seen over on the guild..ideas for builds, local themes?.., names, and possible moderators all ideas welcome..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 15 12 12:32 PM

Re: a projected group build/comp room?

something with snow appeals to me as an idea.

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 15 12 3:57 PM

What about our late roman group build!

The middle earth group build

and any other projects that we have been thinking about!!!!!

cheers
matt

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 15 12 6:18 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
I would like to see a bit of a painting project thing going on, enough fine painters and modellers here now...and I can work out how to award medals for projects.., it is all in the signature thingy..shall make a room for it?..some ideas for names etc?

Is it worth trying to pimp for more Aussie gamers and bloggers over at PMT on the OZ forum to join it shouldn't affect them those who use TMP will still use it, like me. I would put a sandwhich board up on my blogs?

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 15 12 6:31 PM

rct75001 wrote:
Like both ideas - a way of sharing - yep, also a project thing

Bit of momentum building for these ideas, lets take it at the cardinals pace as the admin of the forum, no need to rush headlong.

I see there are some suggestions for projects already, so maybe each member could come up with a suggestion of a tip or technique or some product knowledge that you could share, no pressure if you cant think of something at the moment.

I had my first crack at NMM last year (see Tallard). I could try a photo step by step on another fig, uh oh I feel a Front Rank order coming on.....

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 15 12 7:51 PM

I am happy to throw open the running of this to those who want the job...I don't want the job but I do want to have the idea up and running..and to take part of course , so keep the ideas rolling in

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 15 12 7:58 PM

The Chronicler wrote:
Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:

Is it worth trying to pimp for more Aussie gamers and bloggers over at PMT on the OZ forum to join it shouldn't affect them those who use TMP will still use it, like me. I would put a sandwhich board up on my blogs?

i wouldn't try too hard directly..if , and when, the concept begins to take off i should attract a following..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#17 [url]

Jan 15 12 8:04 PM

I sort of like theme ideas.. a bit broader in appeal and it allows a more idisyncratic approach rther than say a period or genre approach... say 'A winters tale' , as oppsed to 'Russian front in January 1944'. A concept based sort of thing...
here is one ..
"The band is back together,,"
group ,3-10 figures or vehicles or a mix ,15mm-40mm

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 15 12 9:48 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
I am happy to throw open the running of this to those who want the job...I don't want the job but I do want to have the idea up and running..and to take part of course , so keep the ideas rolling in

I'm happy to co-ordinate the 'tips and techniques' under whatever banner you think, the only problem is I can be a bit flakey at times as far as responsibility is concerned. As for projects, the theme idea sounds really good mon Cardinal, I love following projects helps me to keep focus on my miserable efforts.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help