Remove this ad

collective group build/whatever we call it

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 16 12 8:41 PM

Tags : :

Now the group build come themed comp style of thing, I have told the the Cardinal I would look after this but I will need a nerd savvy (polls and things to set up) 2IC for holidays, sickness,brain fade or, heaven forbid, work interventions. Are there any takers?

The Cardinal floated the idea of theme based builds & painting which sounds like fun, any more ideas on implementation of this comp style of thing, timing etc.? I'm all ears/eyes at the moment.

regards
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Jan 16 12 8:54 PM

Re: collective group build/whatever we call it

Just to be completely selfish about the whole thing, I have an idea.

Theme: American West 1860-1930
It could be individual figures, a gang, civilians, buildings, terrain, whatever.

I have an ulterior motive but it could be fun. I just bought about twenty Old Glory Buildings with interiors and a bunch of really lovely painted figures from Wisconsin. I'd like to flesh the town out with more buildings and some more wide-ranging figures (women, particularly) and make up a really professional looking terrain set-piece town.

There's a twist. Although I've said American West and will use it such for a while, my ultimate aim is to convert it to a NSW South Coast country town of the early 1900s. The architecture is pretty similar. I'm looking at building a boat slipway, some simple port facilities and a small railroad station.

Anyone interested? The keyword will be quality. No knock-ups.

With one convulsive bound, he was free!

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#3 [url]

Jan 16 12 9:10 PM

I've just got some Wild West figs, but they all have guns. They could turn into the Batemans Bay Bandits I suppose, but your after more civilian types aren't you Larkers ?

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#4 [url]

Jan 17 12 7:34 AM

The reference to women, children and civilians is just an observation that they are always under-represented in this kind of project.

Men with guns are fine, Tarty. I thought this might be a good mix of people getting involved with as few as one painted figure or as many as the entire Comanche nation, one building or a whole street of them.

The Western/South Coast connection isn't as odd as it sounds. A coastal town gives us the possibility of a riverine dock, ocean piers, fishing boats, paddle steamers, logging mills, mines and all the relevant population and terrain options.

It's only limited by imagination.

With one convulsive bound, he was free!

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Jan 17 12 7:50 AM

Ok I will act as 2IC, between us we should be able to make it work, I know how to work polls, the rest I could learn anyway!

now I will start a "Group build Suggestions thread"!
cheers
Matt

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 17 12 7:59 AM

Thanks, that's fantastic. If you get the group build thread going I will work on a few ground rules for the individual comp based on others I have been active in. I will pm or email you once I have got my brain working, bit slow today.

Where's the corffey, tell the birds to shut up!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help