Remove this ad

The 1956 Project in 20mm - updated pics 12 Feb

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Jan 25 12 6:20 PM

Tags : :

Well, here are the first photos of the vehicles I have been working on. Those powerhouses of 1956 - Italians and Belgians. Surprisingly, the Russians did plan an invasion of Italy across the Alps. That would have been interesting

The Italians

Pershings to start. I have done 10 so far, only one with netting at this point.

M8 armoured car

13 vehicles in total done for the Italians at this point

Belgians

two Chaffees to start

An M20

WIP M26. There are 10 in various stages.

I need to practice my photo technique
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Tarty

#3 [url]

Jan 25 12 7:19 PM

Re: The 1956 Project in 20mm - A WIP

What's with all the streamers ? are they mardi gras floats ?...................... in coming !

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Jan 25 12 8:00 PM

Tarty wrote:
What's with all the streamers ? are they mardi gras floats ?...................... in coming !

Wait til I see your next figures posted

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#5 [url]

Jan 25 12 8:11 PM

greatwhitezulu wrote:
Tarty wrote:

he he he he he he........no looking good !..... tell me, what made you want to do 1956 ? interesting time frame ? the what if factor ?

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Jan 25 12 9:01 PM

[quote]Surprisingly, the Russians did plan an invasion of Italy across the Alps. That would have been interesting

With elephants? It evidently worked before.

Let's get dangerous.
Grand Order of the Wombat, 1st Class,with Acacia Clasp, Hoche-Affeburg

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Jan 25 12 10:12 PM

Tarty wrote:
greatwhitezulu wrote:
Tarty wrote:

he he he he he he........no looking good !..... tell me, what made you want to do 1956 ? interesting time frame ? the what if factor ?

i was pleased with the way they turned out.

56 was a what if year - Suez, Hungary, Israelis in the Sinai. Lots of WW2 stuff in use. Guided weapons only just coming into use. Still pretty much a case of you need to see it to kill it. having said that, the period is still highly classified for some reason. It is sometimes easier to find current orbats than the 50s. And uniformsdetails are sometimes murky...

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Jan 25 12 11:19 PM

wonderful

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Jan 26 12 8:48 AM

GWZ

excellent work, I'm guessing the Pershings are diecast, what are you going to use for infantry

looking forward to watching this, might have to crack out some SHQ British para's for use in the Suez

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Jan 27 12 10:35 AM

Oz,

Correct - washed, drybrushed, muddied up and redecaled. Oh, and stowed.

Infantry will be Reiver mostly, with odds and sods from elsewhere. Soviets are a bit more problematic...I will need to convert to add AKs.

Just found out that Dullcote on the camo nets isn't a good idea...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#12 [url]

Jan 27 12 3:02 PM

rct75001 wrote:
love the chaffees - both the vehicle and the painting

good mud as well

what happens to the netting with dullcoat?

richard

bleached it! Now fixed with a wash...

Quote    Reply   

#13 [url]

Jan 27 12 4:22 PM

not sure if you are a member of either the Guild or Society of gentleman Gamers GWZ but there was some work on one of them a while back with the Brits,
you should check out BW Models GWZ, they do some stuff that would help, I have their Austin Battle Champ, quite nice though you would need to base
it as the axles need some support. Also S&S have Bedford RL's now but come with the tilt moulded on, also they have a GAZ 66 and a Ural as well

http://www.bwmodels.co.uk/

also a large range of British vehicles suitable such as various Bedford RL's and various command trucks that maybe of use, even an Antar tank transporter

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Jan 27 12 5:12 PM

wargameroz wrote:
not sure if you are a member of either the Guild or Society of gentleman Gamers GWZ but there was some work on one of them a while back with the Brits,
you should check out BW Models GWZ, they do some stuff that would help, I have their Austin Battle Champ, quite nice though you would need to base
it as the axles need some support. Also S&S have Bedford RL's now but come with the tilt moulded on, also they have a GAZ 66 and a Ural as well

http://www.bwmodels.co.uk/

also a large range of British vehicles suitable such as various Bedford RL's and various command trucks that maybe of use, even an Antar tank transporter

Thanks Oz - I sunk about 600 quid with Barry at BW late last year His service was first rate and he clarified some issues I had with dates things entered service with the Brits!

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Jan 27 12 5:29 PM

[quote]Thanks Oz - I sunk about 600 quid with Barry at BW late last year His service was first rate and he clarified some issues I had with dates things entered service with the Brits!

ah a man after my own heart, but with the dollar doing so well you could do it again

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Jan 27 12 5:51 PM

Re: The 1956 Project in 20mm - A WIP UPDATED

Here's an M19 AA. Actually the first I did and all went well with the washes etc. Then dullcoated it and after it dried (so I thought) got the weathering powders out. Suddenly the green was rather brown . Looked good at first but then it started to grate me . That's why I netted it.

After I put on the net I applied Dullcote again. It bleached the net. Then I had to put washes on the net

M19s weren't a real success and by 56 they would certainly be an uncommon sight. AA for the period is hard to come by in this scale so it will do for the moment.

Basing to be finished.Crew by PC

Quote    Reply   

#18 [url]

Jan 27 12 6:57 PM

for the Americans and some of their Allies could you not get away with some of the US half tracks
from WW2.

I think the M19 would be handy for Korea

Quote    Reply   

#19 [url]

Jan 27 12 7:02 PM

wargameroz wrote:
for the Americans and some of their Allies could you not get away with some of the US half tracks
from WW2.

I think the M19 would be handy for Korea

I would like an M42 Duster Starangly enough, I found some newspaper articles from 56 - US army paper from Germany. Some units still seem to be using the halftracks as well. I had thought they would have been withdrawn by then...

Quote    Reply   

#20 [url]

Jan 27 12 8:03 PM

And some buildings for the project.

First by me

And by Total battle Scenics

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help