Lladro Group

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Tarty

Lieutenant

Lead

Feb 14 12 9:48 AM

Tags : :

Porcelain we're talking here chaps, not a huge fan of Lladro but this one is not bad. Sometimes this quality comes my way, but not very often, mostly it's swans and young ladies holding flowers looking all coy like...n stuff, pastle colours etc etc.
This would be a 1950s production.......something different.

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 14 12 10:37 AM

Re: Lladro Group

do you know the etymolgy of the word "porcelain", a very interesting study of how the language actually evolves as opposed to those brainless, cover up a clanging solecism, answers "its a living language so getting it wrong is is ok ,ok?"

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 14 12 10:47 AM

Tarty wrote:
Porcelain we're talking here chaps, not a huge fan of Lladro but this one is not bad. Sometimes this quality comes my way, but not very often, mostly it's swans and young ladies holding flowers looking all coy like...n stuff, pastle colours etc etc.
This would be a 1950s production.......something different.

most colour I have ever seen in Lladro - and more interesting than the usual single female pose

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 14 12 5:16 PM

Salvador Furió does the more realistic porcelain, yours is called "Playing cards", sculpted by Juan Huerta

swordsman sculpted by Salvador Furió around $1000 US

invincible sculpted by Salvador Furió

proud warrior sculpted by Salvador Furió

mum has a bunch Llandro stuff mostly the pastel looking ones though

cheers
matt

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#4 [url]

Feb 14 12 7:55 PM

very very cool willow.......how long has she been collecting?....... are these part of her collection ?

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 15 12 12:04 PM

I wish, mum collects some of the mythic creatures, tinkebell series and the satyrs and a few of the more romantic figurines all in the horrible light blue white!

cheers
matt

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#6 [url]

Feb 15 12 1:02 PM

nobody interested in the origins of the word ...? it is actually interesting though sometimes, depending on the audience , empty a room.
porcelain [ˈpɔːslɪn -leɪn ˈpɔːsə-]
n
1. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Ceramics) a more or less translucent ceramic material, the principal ingredients being kaolin and petuntse (hard paste) or other clays, ground glassy substances, soapstone, bone ash, etc.
2. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Ceramics) an object made of this or such objects collectively
3. (Fine Arts & Visual Arts / Ceramics) (modifier) of, relating to, or made from this material a porcelain cup
[from French porcelaine, from Italian porcellana cowrie shell, porcelain (from its shell-like finish), literally: relating to a sow (from the resemblance between a cowrie shell and a sow's vulva), from porcella little sow, from porca sow, from Latin; see pork].

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Feb 15 12 8:43 PM

drive the porcelain bus:
Verb
Etymology
Humorous euphemism associating the position of the hands on a toilet seat while vomiting with holding a steering wheel.

If the only tool in your toolbox is a hammer, soon every problem looks like a nail!

Quote    Reply   

#9 [url]

Feb 15 12 10:28 PM

tantelelhur wrote:
drive the porcelain bus:
Verb
Etymology
Humorous euphemism associating the position of the hands on a toilet seat while vomiting with holding a steering wheel.

Done that too many times...

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help