Remove this ad

Old yellowish tinged varnish

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Feb 16 12 1:51 PM

Tags : :

Any tips, or has it passed the point of no return?

I have picked up some old but nicely painted figures painted in the late 70s, early 80s. There are 3 white horses now with a distinctly yellow tinge.

I assume there is no miracle cure to reverse the yellowing?
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

Tarty

#1 [url]

Feb 16 12 2:25 PM

Re: Old yellowish tinged varnish

no is the short answer........turn them into a dun/buckskin, paint the points black. That's what I would do.

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 16 12 4:08 PM

repaint them

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 16 12 4:13 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
repaint them

No - these are classics. Beautiful Middle Imperial Roman strip Minifigs The only problem is that I need to rebase from 5th edition WRG

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 16 12 4:15 PM

oh right , they are all yellowish, not just the white horses..there wasn't a lot of good painting in the 80s..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Feb 16 12 4:30 PM

greatwhitezulu wrote:
I assume there is no miracle cure to reverse the yellowing?

Like the old man's underpants, there's no getting that out. As K. says, it's a repaint.

With one convulsive bound, he was free!

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#7 [url]

Feb 16 12 4:31 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
oh right , they are all yellowish, not just the white horses..there wasn't a lot of good painting in the 80s..

No - just the three white horses

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Feb 16 12 5:15 PM

greatwhitezulu wrote:
Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:

No - just the three white horses

well frelling well repaint them when you rebase them..shhhsh..it isn' t bleedding rocket science..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Feb 16 12 5:16 PM

greatwhitezulu wrote:
Classics

Made me happy as a pig in mud when I received these today.

roll over again smelly!!!

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help