Remove this ad

Cross Bowmen WIP

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Feb 21 12 9:27 PM

Tags : :

Or maybe they are just a little bit miffed. Ive been painting up a tiny horde of medieval types I discovered down the lead mine with ebay in mind, Essex 25mm figures. The rest can be found on paintpigs blog

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 22 12 7:48 AM

Re: Cross Bowmen WIP

you should try oils this way..I gave all my oils away when I swapped over to acrylic..it was quite the RtD moment

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 22 12 9:35 AM

The Chronicler wrote:
Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
you should try oils this way..I gave all my oils away when I swapped over to acrylic..it was quite the RtD moment

Like this do you mean, oil painting is ok for larger pieces but I found 28mm too small to get good blends.

right I never had a problem..I used to block in with enamels, or more often than not and oil/enamel mix.. then glaze with oils,, a bit tedious.. I use the same sort of basic thing with acrylic, substituing a wash.. acrylics are naturally transparent, especially the blues and greens.and wik little effort at all you can make them very rich and deep.. a fact which actually annoys a lot of painters but suits me fine.They seem to have been designed especially for colour on colour work, a fact which again seems to offend many so now we are getting these good coverage, rather dull colours..shame I say shame.. I know the GWs of the world chose acrylics for their marketability not their artistic finesse.. nut they are brilliant in my estimation..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 22 12 7:54 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
The Chronicler wrote:
Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:

Like this do you mean, oil painting is ok for larger pieces but I found 28mm too small to get good blends.

right I never had a problem..I used to block in with enamels, or more often than not and oil/enamel mix.. then glaze with oils,, a bit tedious.. I use the same sort of basic thing with acrylic, substituing a wash.. acrylics are naturally transparent, especially the blues and greens.and wik little effort at all you can make them very rich and deep.. a fact which actually annoys a lot of painters but suits me fine.They seem to have been designed especially for colour on colour work, a fact which again seems to offend many so now we are getting these good coverage, rather dull colours..shame I say shame.. I know the GWs of the world chose acrylics for their marketability not their artistic finesse.. nut they are brilliant in my estimation..

Here here, I say. Any one who has seen the European painters at work knows what level or finesse that can be achieved with acrylics particularly on fantasy miniatures where colour freedom allows for some stunning work with colour and light.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help