Remove this ad

Brithish horse artillery crew WIP and Bavarian Generals

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Feb 21 12 9:38 PM

Tags : :

Foundry Bavarian Generals for 1814 commish

...and a Brit. horse artillery crew for myself, for some unknown reason, it amounts to the full extent of my Nap collection in 28mm. The rest of the pics can be seen on paintpig blog

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 22 12 9:37 AM

Re: Brithish horse artillery crew WIP and Bavarian Generals

interesting I have just done, or redone, the same Baverian generals..I don't go for the sky blue coat but...if asked..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Feb 22 12 9:53 AM

Actually the owner was most happy I had managed to match the blue's he was using , I'm strictly corn flower blue for the Bavarian sausage munchers but I don't mind highlighting that with a saturated light blue. Always a shade lighter for wargame figures, right

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#3 [url]

Feb 22 12 10:01 AM

Very very nice Dave. That blending is great, ( so different to how I work ) but I love the depth in colour. It reminds me of an army I saw once, painted with water colour ......beautiful soft shading

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 22 12 10:56 AM

Tarty wrote:
Very very nice Dave. That blending is great, ( so different to how I work ) but I love the depth in colour. It reminds me of an army I saw once, painted with water colour ......beautiful soft shading

Bingo, it probably makes me the most wacko of painters but I have been known to describe the type of effect I'm trying to achieve as simulating a watercolour with my washes and glazing obsession. Obviously for most commissions and ebay I stick to the more normal style of painting. Anyhoo thanks for picking up on that Tarty I'm feeling quite full of 'it' now.

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help