Remove this ad

Karl August Friedrich of Waldeck and Pyrmont

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Lead

Feb 22 12 3:05 PM

Tags : :

Karl August Friedrich of Waldeck and Pyrmont (September 24, 1704 – August 29, 1763) was Prince of Waldeck and Pyrmont and Commander of the Dutch forces in the War of Austrian Succession.

By conrad_hawkwood at 2012-02-21

By conrad_hawkwood at 2012-02-21

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Feb 22 12 5:54 PM

Re: Karl August Friedrich of Waldeck and Pyrmont

His washerwoman, the redoubtable Madame de Starche was overfond of stiffening agents in her laundering. This had the consequence of encasing the unfortunate Karl in an almost immovable cloth casement. His love of huge cuffs made him resemble a school zebra crossing attendant and occasioned much quiet hilarity among his troops.

Hence his sobriquet of Der Alt Schildwache

With one convulsive bound, he was free!

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Feb 22 12 10:57 PM

He was actually a German

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Feb 23 12 9:39 AM

when challenged about a dog Pz Ferdinand countered with a rabbit..I don't have any rabbits to hand..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help