Indian v Seleucid game

Rss     Subscribe     Share     Tweet    

0 Points

Tarty

Lieutenant

Lead

Feb 25 12 11:14 AM

Tags : :

28mm Impetus 500pts we started last night and will finish off on Sunday. Both new armies by Mr Hawker, mostly Old Glory.

The baggage

Language is a virus from outer space.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#2 [url]

Feb 25 12 3:04 PM

Re: Indian v Seleucid game

nice tarty , nice Mr Hawkwe..as always , of course..I first fell over looking at his painting style back in 1976..doe he still not undercoat?

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo
Fit only to give weight to smoke

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#3 [url]

Feb 25 12 4:21 PM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
nice tarty , nice Mr Hawkwe..as always , of course..I first fell over looking at his painting style back in 1976..doe he still not undercoat?

his style has changed since then ( 90% of the time ) ..........now it's block, ink/wash and then highlight. Fast and furious. He undercoats with GW.

Quote    Reply   

#4 [url]

Feb 25 12 4:34 PM

[quote He undercoats with GW.
almost as good as not undercoating at all..

&
"You have no respect for excessive authority or obsolete traditions. You're dangerous and depraved, and you ought to be taken outside and shot!" Joseph Heller
&

"Whew. Man, look, I gotta get out of here, man. Now we - we got things we want to do, man, like - I just - uh - I gotta get out of here, man."
&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

Tarty

#6 [url]

Feb 26 12 9:54 AM

Cardinal Hawkwood wrote:
[quote He undercoats with GW.

almost as good as not undercoating at all..
what car primer do you use Cardy ? and where do you get it from ?

Quote    Reply   

#7 [url]

Feb 26 12 10:13 AM

my grey prime of choice plasti-kote is now no longer available.. iWent to the All in 1 car place in Goulburn and for 11 bucks bougth a grey acrylic primer which is terrific, indeed it sets a bit faster so you don't have to wait 24 hours, rather only 12 ..any grey primer should be the bix. the primers are much more rugged than mere colours ..and colours key well to them, then m depending on the complexity of paunting I spray undecoat wih Tamiya flat back, usually two thin coats, or Tamiya Flat Brown or Hull red, two thin coats if necessary, then I b;ocl in . was with Vallejo sepia, if you use anything else you are a crackpot loon, then reset..and highlight..then jo sonja varnish, the gunze through the air brush..voila..then I take crappy pictures way too close to the miniature..

&
&

&
dare pondus idonea fumo

Quote    Reply   

Tarty

#8 [url]

Feb 27 12 4:14 PM

Indian victory......phalanx just got too many casualties going in. ( deadly shooting in fact ) Archers pulled back through the elephants, that then counter charged the the first block, and cleaned up what was left of the pike.....nicely done. Seleucids couldn't win a trick also loosing their agema to an elephant charge in the flank.....nasty ! The whole Seleucid right flank folded after that. Very very good game it was.

In they go ( note the rear rank of the pike is gone from shooting ! ) and the elephants stomp on whats left

Household cav ( general with btw ) get charged in the flank by elephants....noooooooo

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help